The essentials at a glance
- Alkaline aqueous cleaning using a fluid jet method with deionized water
- Immersion cleaning
- Brush friction cleaning with different detergents
- Selective surface activation using atmospheric plasma
- Complete surface activation using photon treatment
- Analytical surface qualification (video inspection, tests for flux or resin residues, wetting tests by means of test inks)
Why cleaning | surface activation?
The effectiveness of a protective coating is highly dependent on the substrate properties. Existing contaminates on the surface of an electronic assembly can significantly reduce reliability. The purpose of cleaning is to eliminate all contaminates such as flux, dust and handling residues.
In some cases, despite cleaning, adhesion problems between coatings and electronic assemblies might appear. In these cases we apply additional surface activation using atmospheric plasma or photon treatment.