The essentials at a glance
- Conformal coating following IPC-610, IPC-CC-830B or customer specified guidelines
- Complete or partial (selective) coatings
- Process autonomy
- Curtain coating, spray coating, dip coating
- Selective dip coating through stencils (EPSYS i-Coat®)
- Manual or automated application with robot-guided systems from well-known manufactures
- Processing of solvent-based, UV and silicone coatings
- Sample coating starting from quantity = 1
Why conformal coating?
Conformal coating means the application of electrical insulating polymer coatings on printed circuit boards. The low-viscosity coating materials “conform” to the surface contours of the electronic assembly and protect the board’s components against moisture and foreign substances. Corrosion phenomena, electrochemical migration and oxidation effects are largely and economically prevented.